Our ancient prophets spoke of a time when the Messiah comes, great miracles will be performed by Him, and it would serve one of many proofs that he was true and prophesied one that our people were waiting for. In Isaiah 35:5–6, the prophet speaks of the day of salvation this way: “Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; then shall the lame man leap like a deer, and the tongue of the mute sing for joy. For waters break forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert.”
In Matthew 11, John the Baptist following his imprisonment was wondering if the Messiah had come, —he sends his disciples to ask Yeshua if he really is the Coming One. Yeshua responds in this way: “Go and tell John what you hear and see: the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hears, and the dead are raised, and the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is the one who is not offended by me” (Matthew 11:4–6; see the parallel passage in Luke 7:20–23). Then Yeshua alluded to other passages besides Isaiah 35 (which speaks of the blind, the deaf, the lame, and the mute). Isaiah 26:19 says, “Your dead shall live”; Isaiah 29:18 also refers to the healing of the deaf and the blind, while Isaiah 61:1 speaks of bringing good news to the poor (quoted by Yeshua in the synagogue of Nazareth (Luke 4:18–19).
In Yeshua's ministry, we see him do all these miracles. Below are all the miracles of our Jewish Messiah. One by one, he reveals His true identity as the Messiah of Israel and the Lamb of God that came for all.
The Miracles of Yeshua
1. Yeshua changed water into wine (John 2:1-11).
2. Yeshua cured the nobleman's son (John 4:46-47).
3. The great haul of fishes (Luke 5:1-11).
4. Yeshua cast out an unclean spirit (Mark 1:23-28).
5. Yeshua cured Peter's mother-in-law of a fever (Mark 1:30-31).
6. Yeshua heals the leper (Mark 1:40-45).
7. Yeshua healed the centurion's servant (Matthew 8:5-13).
8. Yeshua raised a widow's son from the dead (Luke 7:11-18).
9. Yeshua calmed the storm (Matthew 8:23-27).
10. Yeshua cured two demoniacs (Matthew 8:28-34).
11. Yeshua cured the person with paralysis (Matthew 9:1-8).
12. Yeshua raised the ruler's daughter from the dead (Matthew 9:18-26).
13. Yeshua cured a woman of an issue of blood (Luke 8:43-48).
14. Yeshua opened the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 9:27-31).
15. Yeshua loosened the tongue of a man who could not speak (Matthew 9:32-33).
16. Yeshua healed an invalid man at the pool called Bethesda (John 5:1-9).
17. Yeshua restores a withered hand (Matthew 12:10-13).
18. Yeshua cured a demon-possessed man (Matthew 12:22).
19. Yeshua fed at least five thousand people (Matthew 14:15-21).
20. Yeshua healed a woman of Canaan (Matthew 15:22-28).
21. Yeshua cured a deaf and mute man (Mark 7:31-37).
22. Yeshua fed at least four thousand people (Matthew 15:32-39).
23. Yeshua opened the eyes of a blind man (Mark 8:22-26).
24. Yeshua cured a boy who was plagued by a demon (Matthew 17:14-21).
25. Yeshua opened the eyes of a man born blind (John 9:1-38)
26. Yeshua cured a woman who had been afflicted eighteen years (Luke 13:10-17).
27. Yeshua cured a man of dropsy (Luke 14:1-4).
28. Yeshua cleansed ten lepers (Luke 17:11-19).
30. Yeshua opened the eyes of two blind men (Matthew 20:30-34).
31. Yeshua caused the fig tree to wither (Matthew 21:18-22).
32. Yeshua restored the ear of the high priest's servant (Luke 22:50-51).
33. Yeshua rose from the dead (Luke 24:5-6).
34. The second great haul of fishes (John 21:1-14).
REVIEW OF KEY
Miracles over nature
• The parting of the Red Sea (Exodus 14)
• Jonah and the big fish (Jonah 1:17)
• The virgin birth of Jesus (Matthew 1:18–25)
• Daniel’s survival in the den of lions (Daniel 6:21–22)
• Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego’s preservation in the fiery furnace (Daniel 3:25)
• Jesus’ walking on water (Matthew 14:25–27)
• Jesus’ calming of the storm (Matthew 8:23–27)
Miracles of healing
• Jesus’ healing of the nobleman’s son (John 4:46–47), a leper (Mark 1:40–45), who has paralysis (Matthew 9:1–8), and a woman with an issue of blood (Luke 8:43–48)
Miracles over demonic forces
• Jesus’ casting out of many unclean spirits (Mark 1:23–28; Matthew 8:28–34)
Miracles of Provision
• God’s provision of manna (Exodus 16:4)
• Jesus’ turning of water into wine (John 2:7–9)
• Jesus’ feeding of the multitudes (Matthew 14:19–20; 15:36–37)
Miracles of Resurrection
• Elijah’s raising of the son of the widow of Zarephath (1 Kings 17:17–24)
• Elisha’s raising the Shunamite woman’s son (2 Kings 4:18–37)
• Jesus’ raising of the widow of Nain’s son (Luke 7:11–18), Jairus’s daughter (Luke 8:52–56), and Lazarus (John 11)
• Peter’s raising of Tabitha (Acts 9:36–43)
• Paul’s raising of Eutychus (Acts 20:7–12)
• Jesus’ resurrection (Luke 24:1–7)